Siding Cost Calculator helps homeowners estimate residential siding installation and replacement cost.
Your instant quote includes labor & materials, for different regions of US, adjusted for the local cost-of-living, as well as the cost of siding materials in your state.
Calculate house siding prices for Vinyl, Fiber Cement (Hardie), Wood Composite (LP SmartSide), Cedar Clapboard & Shingles, & Aluminum Siding.
Estimate Siding Cost Now
To get a siding replacement price estimate, enter your home foundation measurements, number of floors and number of windows and doors that will need to get trimmed with flat-stock aluminum coil.
How To Estimate Your Siding Cost Accurately
It is very important to understand that this tool is only as accurate as the numbers you provide it with. Therefore, accuracy of calculations will depend on how you measure and enter house dimensions and other details into the calculator.
1) Using a measuring tape (best to use 50′ or 100′ tape), measure the ground dimensions of your house.
2) If your house has a gable roof, enter the gable side as WIDTH. This is important because there is siding on the gable triangles, that our tool accounts for. For HIP roofs, this is not important.
3) Choose appropriate Roof Slope, Number of Floors, Tear Off and Insulation.
Our Siding Cost Calculator uses 9′ height of each floor for calculation (standard 8′ ceiling height). The raised ranch is calculated at 14′ height + gables. It also accounts for the bump-out in the front of the house.
Note that if you have ALUMINUM or Plastic / Vinyl siding on your house now, it has to be removed. If you have wood siding, new siding can be installed over it.
See costs in your area Start Here - Enter Your Zip Code
If you have ASBESTOS siding, it is extremely expensive to remove, so most of time, new vinyl siding is installed over it. You cannot have wood or fiber cement siding installed over asbestos shingles.
4) House difficulty: This is a very hypothetical / subjective variable, and any siding contractor will use their own metrics. However, from our experience, we figured out 3-step pricing system.
- If your house is a simple Ranch / Cape style, use SIMPLE.
- If your house has old-style bay windows, inside / outside corners, and/or different structures attached to it, it is safe to use MEDIUM difficulty setting.
- If you have a multi-level cut-up Victorian or contemporary house, it is best to use DIFFICULT / CUT-UP setting.
Also, it is often the case that homeowners underestimate the REAL difficulty of the job, so to be on the safe side, or if you are in doubt, use the difficulty setting o1 step up from what you think it actually is.
5) Calculate number of windows or doors that you want wrapped with Flat Stock aluminum coil (copping). These wraps are time consuming and use a lot of material, so don’t expect this to be done for free.
6) Doors and bay windows use about the same about of materials and labor, so we grouped them together.
7) TO BE ADDED LATER – soffit, fascia and new seamless gutters are often installed together with siding. We will add this feature in the next update to our online siding calculator.
Limitations of the Siding Calculator
Siding cost estimates you get will vary depending on where you live and the contractor you choose to install your siding.
Since every contractor has different costs of running business, and different material purchasing prices, the results of our Siding Cost Calculator are only an APPROXIMATE estimate, of what you can expect from an actual siding installer.
We in no way guarantee that results produced by this tool will be the same as quotes you receive from contractors. Use this tool for REFERENCE purposes only.